What to expect on your first appointment
- Once you have received your appointment details, please download and fill in the Application Package and bring it to your first appointment.
- For your first appointment, we will require the OHIP card of both yours and your partner’s (if applicable).
- You will be seen by a fertility specialist who will go through your medical history. Based on the discussion, the specialist will recommend an investigation (if needed) to start with. This may include:
a. Hormone assessment
b. Pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound
c. Sonohysterosalpingogram (to check if fallopian tubes are open or closed)
d. Sonohysterogram (cavity only)
e. Other tests may be required that may not be covered under OHIP
a. Semen (Sperm) analysis
BOTH PARTNERS who enter into the fertility clinic for treatment will be required to take infectious
- You will be given a welcome package with all instructions as prescribed by your specialist. It will include:
- detailed information of regarding all the tests
- Hour of operation
NOTE: We highly encourage that your partner accompany you to the first appointment and follow up office visit.