A leader in the field of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART’s), IVF Canada is a free-standing surgical facility which integrates the most advanced techniques available for the treatment of infertility in both males and females.
In 1983, a group of gynecologists at Toronto East General Hospital established the LIFE Program, Canada’s first program for the treatment of infertility via in vitro fertilization (IVF). The success of the team led to a marked increase in demand, not only in Ontario but across Canada and internationally. To meet the growing demand, and to shorten the length of time couples had to wait for treatment, this group established IVF Canada in 1988, a private clinic for in vitro fertilization.
Over the past twenty-five years, IVF Canada has achieved some of the most important Canadian ‘firsts’ in in vitro fertilization:
- 1st IVF pregnancy
- 1st IVF twins and other multiples
- 1st baby born from a frozen embryo
- 1st baby born from donor ova (egg)
- 1st pregnancy and birth through ICSI (micromanipulation)
- 1st gestational surrogacy pregnancy and birth
- 1st pregnancy and birth through pre-implantation genetic diagnosis
- 1st pregnancy and birth through embryo culturing to blastocyst stage
What makes IVF Canada Different?
At IVF Canada, we offer a wide variety of treatment options utilizing the most state-of-the-art technology and medical expertise.
- Egg retrievals are performed under neuroleptic anesthesia.
- No waiting time for treatment.
- We are an accredited member of Canadian Council of Health Canada.
- Our personalized patient care, and consideration of the unique circumstances under which individual couples face infertility, has made IVF Canada the most patient-focused and accessible private IVF clinics in Canada.
- We provide specialized services for unusual/special cases (see under Services IVM/PGD).